Saturday 10 March 2012

U-Turns Will Be The Death of Me

Well I didnt go for a ride to Yeoval today. :( Instead hubby offered to take me out and stand by while I practiced my e-stops and u-turns. Yay .. I need that practice and I took along my camera to get some video of it to anylise when I got home.

So I did bout 20 u-turns, I go way too wide, but I feel like I got the hang of some of it by the time I got too hot and tired to go on. I know what I'm doing wrong too, I kinda knew while I was doing them but when I looked at the video it confirmed it for me, I seem to get nervous half way thru the turn and straighten, due to the poor video quality I cant tell if I'm straightening because I'm glancing at the gutter when I get half way thru, but I think that may be the case. That's good, I can practice that.

My big problem is that the RTA has guidelines for the test to get my licence, and the distance you have to do the u-turn in is 6.1m wide. WOT?!?!?! There's no way in hell I could that, I measured and even if I practiced for a year I just don't think I'd get it. I'm feeling pretty bummed out about that.

I feel that I'm doing most things right, looking where I need to go ('cept at the peak of the turn when I think I glance at the gutter), using my clutch and brake correctly, all that stuff feels right. I just need to practice it all. And practice I will !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment