Tuesday 21 February 2012

Tell Me Again About That Learning Curve

Hmm on top of the embarrassing moments list now is trying to get my bike out of the parking lot. No really it shouldn't be that hard, but it seems it is.

I went to the local shopping centre, to buy a few things and get myself a good backpack, the jacket pockets just aren't big enough anymore. I thought I was being clever by parking at the very edge of the parking lot where there wasn't as much traffic to put me off when I'm trying to manoeuvre out, and I thought it was flat. I thought wrong.

Got myself a great little bag and a bit of stuff to put in it then wandered back to the bike feeling pretty good. Jumped on the bike and started her up, then tried to back out. She stopped. No really she just wasn't moving at all. So after heaving and puffing and sweating enough to fog up my glasses so I couldn't see, I moved her from the front of the park to the back of the park. Yep bout a foot, damn I'm good. Had to do a U'Turn through the 2 empty parks next to me, thank heavens they were empty or I don't know what I would have done. Wheee I did another U'Turn!! After glaring after the guy who wandered past and watched me bust my gut trying to move the monster without the slightest move to help, I went on my merry way.

I've learnt something, the hard way. I'm gonna be taking a whole lot more notice of the slopes on the road, that car park looked as flat as a die, wasn't ....

No comments:

Post a Comment